Tuesday, November 22, 2011

DIY: studded jacket (plus etsy post)


I've been wanting to add studs to a jacket lapel for some time now, and I finally did it!  This is one of the simplest DIY tutorials ever. 1.) Buy 1 or 2 bags of studs at Hobby Lobby, or wherever you can find them. 2.) Add them to the lapel of a simple blazer, using small scissors to help poke holes in the fabric.  Dunzo!  This jacket is available on my etsy store.

You can create a different arrangements of studs of course (or perhaps stud the sleeves).  Next time I want to try covering the entire lapel.  And I want to try studding jeans, sweaters, etc. It's a bit time consuming and it tires your fingers, but just watch a movie while you do it (I watched Bill Friedkin's Boys in the Band) and it'll be done before you know it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. This is really nice! you did a great job!
    I recently posted a tutorial of a Spiked Blazer too, and I hope you like it. This is a great idea to spice those blazers /jackets up. I've been wanting to do something similar with a white jacket that I have too :) !
    warm regards !
    Elsey

    ReplyDelete